Two weeks ago I had a photo shoot with the stunning Delphine Dholah and she wanted a look that would focus mainly on the lips. I immediately thought about a soft pink/plum eye makeup with bold burgundy lips.
Here is a tutorial with L’Oréal Makeup Designer Paris to achieve a simple but edgy look:
1. Prime your face with just a pee sized amount of the Blur cream
2. Define your brows using the Brow Artist Genius Kit. First I applied the wax, then the powder and brushed the brows a little bit with the spooly.
This kit is my ultimate favorite product in the L’Oreal collection. I’m so in love with it that I use it on myself, it’s so natural and stays on full day/night.
3. Apply only one and a half to two pea sized amount of Infallible 24H foundation all over the face and neck to achieve a natural base.
4. Next step is concealer with the Infaillible 24h concealer in one shade lighter than the foundation. Apply the concealer in the middle of the forehead, under the eyes in an upside-down triangle shape and on the chin.
Fun fact: I used to hate this concealer. First time I used it, I applied the stick directly onto the skin, it looked patchy and dry. That’s where you realize that sometimes it’s not the product but the way you apply it that makes it work or not. This time I melted the concealer by swirling my finger onto the stick and then applied it to the skin with my finger. It was creamy, light but still had a beautiful coverage. Love it.
5. Contour with the Sculpt Palette, only the darkest side, and apply it under the cheek bones, the sides of the nose and the sides of the forehead. Blend the lines using a foundation brush or a beauty blender.
6. Gently press the concealer under the eyes to remove any creasing. Set the under eye area with Accord Parfait compact powder. Then set the whole face with the faintest amount of powder possible.
7. Fix your contouring using the Glam Bronze, bronzer.
8. Apply your blush, Sculpt in Soft Rosy, above your contour to add a little bit of color to the cheeks.
9. Use the highlight section on the cupid's bow, above your blush and on the nose.
10. I wanted a very soft look for the eyes, I took the color (1) and applied it on the lid with a flat blush. I used the color (2) as my transition color with a fluffy blending brush on the crease. Finally I used a little of the color (3) onto the outer v and on the lower lash line using the blending side of the brush coming with this palette.
11. Final touch for the eyes was the Feline Mascara on the upper lashes.
12. Line your lips using L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Lip Liner Couture 374 Intense Plum and fill in your lips using Infaillible Sexy Balm in the shade 201 Wasted.
13. Tap a little bit of powder on it to get a matte finish.
For those who want to go for a nude look, you can use one of the beautiful shades of Color Riche La Palette Lips in Nude.
14. Finish the whole look with Infallible Fixing Mist.