Have you ever had one of those days where your makeup would get oily, melt, and wear out before the afternoon? Hello heat and humidity, we see what you’re doing! Fortunately there are solutions that will help you create a budge proof makeup that would even resist the heat of a day in the streets of Port Louis.
1. Start with a clean face Your daily makeup routine should start by cleaning your face with a gentle cleanser and the application of an oil free moisturizer. This will help to get rid of all the dirt and oil that make your makeup melt quicker.
3. Go waterproof and oil free Choose a waterproof liner and mascara to prevent your makeup from smudging under your eyes ruining your makeup at any tear or eye irritation.
When it comes to foundation choose one that is oil free but do not apply thick layers of foundation or your makeup will end up looking cakey. This is the ideal recipe for disaster as it would only make your makeup melt quicker.
5. Finish with a setting spray Complete your makeup using a setting spray to make it last even longer. Using a setting spray on your makeup will also help removing a powdery effect on your skin.
7. Go for the no hands challenge Touching your face with your hands will result in transferring the oil on your hands to your face and make your makeup budge. Plus who wants to create potential breakouts while touching your face with dirty hands?
2. Prime : create a flawless base This must be one of the most important steps. Use a primer to fill in your pores, blur imperfections, make your makeup look smoother and last longer.
There is a wide range of primer for your personal needs and different types of skin. For those looking for a natural base use Radiance Foundation Primer by Laura Mercier which will create a perfect dewy illusion, and those who love a flawless matte finish try the Smashbox primers.
4. The must have setting powder The Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder is a product that makeup artists have been using for years and it is a must have, as it keeps oil away and keep your foundation into place. Use some on your T zone and under your eyes and your makeup will be perfectly budge proof.
6. Prepare for makeup emergencies Keep a small makeup bag for touch up during the day. Products like to blotting papers, pressed powder, a blush and a lipstick can literally save your look.